Unfortunately, too many drivers in South Carolina either refuse to share the road safely with motorcyclists or simply don’t know how to do it. Their careless and reckless driving can cause wrecks that have a long-lasting effect on the lives of the motorcyclists that they injure. If you or a loved one recently suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident that another driver caused, then you owe it to yourself to seek legal help as soon as possible.
About Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
At the family-run law firm of Land, Parker & Welch, P.A., our South Carolina motorcycle accident attorneys pursue justice for victims of others’ negligence. We have more than 120 years of combined legal experience. Our lawyers know how to seek the compensation that motorcycle crash victims and their families deserve.
If another driver’s negligence recently caused injury to you or the loss of a loved one in a motorcycle accident in Manning, Bishopville, Sumter, Summerton, Mayesville, Turbeville or a nearby community, contact us for a free consultation. We will review your case and go over all of your legal options.
We Can Answer Questions About Your Motorcycle Crash
If you have never been involved in a motorcycle wreck before, you may have no idea about what steps to take next. You may have many questions such as:
- How will I get my motorcycle repaired?
- Who will pay my medical bills?
- Can I sue the driver who hit my motorcycle?
- Will I need to go to court?
- How long will my case take?
At Land, Parker & Welch, our attorneys can answer those questions and carefully guide you through the process of seeking just compensation for your losses. The insurance company will be out to protect its profit. Our firm will protect you and your interests. Our experience with handling South Carolina motorcycle accident claims can make a difference for you.
How Our South Carolina Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Can Help You
When we represent you, we will pursue three main goals:
- Complete investigation of your case – You deserve an investigation that is independent of what the police report says. We will gather all evidence and consult with experts, as needed, about why your motorcycle accident occurred.
- Careful calculation of your damages – We will compile all medical bills brought on by your motorcycle crash, from emergency care through rehabilitation. We can also work with experts to determine your future medical needs and costs as well as the effect of your injuries on your ability to work and enjoy life as you did before.
- Pursue all funds you are due – Our attorneys are highly skilled litigators. They will know how to negotiate a full and fair settlement of your claim and be ready to fight for you in court if a trial is necessary.
Additionally, our motorcycle accident attorneys will work with your medical care providers and creditors while your case is pending. You will pay no legal fees unless we secure compensation for you.
Types & Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Our South Carolina motorcycle accident lawyers at Land, Parker & Welch understand how negligent motor vehicle drivers cause the majority of collisions with motorcycles. Through the years, we have seen numerous motorcycle crashes caused by drivers who engaged in negligent acts such as:
- Failure to keep a proper lookout (typically due to distraction)
- Failure to yield the right of way at an intersection
- Sharing a lane with a motorcycle
- Trying to pass without leaving enough space
- Making left or right turns in front of the motorcycle
- Following the motorcycle too closely
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
We understand the different factual and legal issues that each of those accident types can present – and how to overcome those issues on behalf of our clients.
You should contact Land, Parker & Welch as soon as possible after a motorcycle crash. What is important to you will always be what is most important to us. We will review the facts of your case and tailor a legal strategy that addresses your specific legal issues and goals.
Seeking Compensation After a Motorcycle Accident in South Carolina
Every motorcycle accident that our legal team handles is slightly different than the rest. This is because no two individuals or families are the same. Motorcycle wrecks affect people’s lives in different ways. So, the amount we pursue on your behalf will be unique to you and your situation.
For instance, the amount will reflect whether you suffered life-changing injuries. Many motorcycle accident victims suffer injuries such as traumatic brain injury (TBI) and spinal cord injury (SCI) as well as burns, fractures and soft tissue injuries. The amount also will reflect the amount of available insurance coverage.
Types of Motorcycle Accident Damages
The damages that we typically seek for South Carolina motorcycle accident victims include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost income and diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of a loved one’s services and companionship
- Punitive damages (if another’s extreme misconduct caused the crash).
If your loved one died in a motorcycle crash, we would seek a different set of damages through a survival and/or wrongful death claim, including the recovery of funeral expenses and loss of a loved one’s support.
Statute of Limitations for Motorcycle Accidents in South Carolina
The statute of limitations limits the time that you have to bring a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit after a motorcycle accident in South Carolina. If you fail to file a lawsuit by the appropriate deadline, you could lose your right to recover compensation. Generally, you must bring:
- A personal injury lawsuit within three years from the date you suffered injuries in your motorcycle crash.
- A wrongful death lawsuit within three years from the date of your loved one’s death.
Land, Parker & Welch will review your case and determine the time limits that apply to it. We will handle all documents in your case in a timely and professional manner. You can focus on your health and your family – while we deal with deadlines and the insurance companies.
Our South Carolina Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Are Ready to Help You
If someone else’s negligence caused you to suffer injuries in a motorcycle accident, you deserve justice and compensation. The highly dedicated motorcycle accident lawyers at Land, Parker & Welch, P.A., can start work on your case right away and aggressively pursue that outcome for you.
Call or reach us online today to get started on your case with a free consultation at our Manning office or another location that is most convenient for you. As a family-run law firm, we will give you and your case the close attention that you need and deserve during this difficult time.