We are taking the threat of COVID-19 very seriously. Learn More

Can I Get a Second Opinion for My Work Injury?

You always have the right to seek a second opinion, but the question is will workers’ compensation pay for that opinion? You can contact the insurance carrier and ask if a visit to another doctor will be paid, or request a hearing and have one of the state’s Insurance Commissioners make a decision about paying for a second opinion. To request a hearing, you need to submit a Form 50.

Posted in: Featured Worker's Compensation FAQs, Worker's Compensation