If you’ve been seriously hurt in a South Carolina accident, recovering full and fair compensation for your injuries and other losses is essential. But to succeed, you must be able to show that another party was at fault for the accident. For many people, the first step toward that goal is hiring a personal injury lawyer they can trust.
Finding the right attorney is a deeply personal process. If you’ve been hurt, read on for tips to help guide your decision-making or call Land Parker Welch LLC for a free consultation.
How to Find a Top Personal Injury Lawyer
There are many places you can start looking for a S.C. personal injury lawyer, including from:
- Your own network of friends, family, and colleagues
- Legal association websites, such as the South Carolina Bar
- Rating services, such as Avvo and Super Lawyers
- Internet searches
- Law firm websites
Looking in these places can help you put together a list of lawyers to consider. However, you should never hire a personal injury attorney without interviewing them personally.
Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer
One of the best ways to ensure that a lawyer has the experience and skill you need is through a free consultation. Ask them these questions:
- Is personal injury law your main practice area?
- Have you handled cases similar to mine in the past? If so, how many and what were the results?
- Have you taken cases like mine to trial? If so, were you successful?
- How often will you update me about my case?
- Who will answer my questions as we move through the process?
- How long do you expect my case to take?
- How many cases are you currently handling?
- Will you be the lawyer representing me at trial if the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement?
- What is your fee arrangement?
- Could you provide references?
How to Make Sure a Personal Injury Lawyer is Right for Your Case
Your interviews are done and you’ve narrowed down your choices to one or two lawyers. So how do you choose?
Signs that you’ve found the right lawyer for you:
- Your calls and emails are returned promptly.
- The lawyer, as well as the law firm’s office staff, are polite and friendly.
- You were able to speak with the lawyer directly when you called.
- You met with the attorney the first time, and not a paralegal or secretary.
- You did not have to wait long to see the attorney upon arrival.
- You felt as though you had the attorney’s undivided attention.
Ultimately, the best way to know whether you’ve found the right lawyer is by listening to your gut. If you’ve got any reservations, keep shopping. You’ll find the right match.
What Land Parker Welch LLC Can Do for You
Looking for a personal injury lawyer who genuinely cares for your wellbeing and obtaining justice on your behalf? Let Land Parker Welch LLC stand by your side.
Our Manning personal injury attorneys have 120 years of combined experience representing injured people in Clarendon, Sumter, and Williamsburg counties. We tailor every case to match the unique needs of our clients, and we don’t back down when insurance companies offer lowball settlements that are far less than what accident victims deserve.
Call or contact us today for a free consultation. There’s no obligation.